A reputation for fast and flexible decision-making, together with direct access to our highly experienced underwriting team.
- A broad range of international casualty reinsurance products
- Worldwide appetite
- Innovative underwriting
We offer a wide range of international casualty reinsurance classes to clients domiciled in all territories worldwide, including the UK, Australia, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Cover in the United States and Canada is handled by our North American casualty reinsurance colleagues.
Why work with us
In an increasingly commoditised reinsurance market, we focus on risks where our underwriting acumen can deliver innovative solutions through working closely with our clients and their brokers to design new, dynamic products. We also look for opportunities to work with our clients on a joint venture basis to help them market specialty insurance products available within Barbican.
Our product lines
Offering proportional, excess of loss and stop loss reinsurance, our core products include:
- Cyber liability
- Directors’ and officers’ liability - including American Depository Receipt I, II and III
- Employers’ liability/workers’ compensation
- Financial institutions, crime and professional indemnity
- Medical malpractice - doctors and hospitals
- Motor third party liability
- Professional indemnity
- Public and products liability - including exports to the US and Canada and subsidiaries in the US and Canada
- Miscellaneous - including engineering, environmental impairment liability, personal accident, product recall and title.
Brokers can find us at Lloyd's: Box 250B.
For more information about international casualty reinsurance from Barbican, contact:
Clive joined Barbican in June 2019 as Head of International Casualty Treaty Reinsurance.
Prior to joining Barbican, Clive was class underwriter for casualty treaty at Vibe Syndicate. Previous to that, he was senior casualty underwriter at Ace Tempest Re.
Clive has over thirty years of experience in the insurance industry.
Rachel joined Barbican in November 2009 and is a class underwriter for international casualty treaty.
Rachel joined Barbican immediately after graduating from the University of Manchester with a degree in Business Management.
Rachel is ACII qualified and a committee member of the Under 35s Reinsurance Group.
Oliver joined Barbican in November 2011 and is underwriter for international casualty reinsurance.
Prior to joining the international treaty team in 2017, Oliver spent 4 years in Barbican's North American casualty reinsurance team.
Oliver is ACII qualified and holds a Bachelor's degree from the University of Leeds.
Barbican at the Box
BOX 250B T: +44 (0) 20 7327 8292