Pioneering multifaceted insurance solutions designed to keep pace with a fast-changing cyber, technology and media landscape
- Protecting businesses from the consequences of cyber and data protection issues, technology errors and omissions
- Cover tailored to specific needs is available through our Barbican eRisks modules
- Providing insurance to businesses of all sizes
The threat of cyber risk is becoming an increasing reality rather than an afterthought for the modern-day-company. Recent high profile cyber-attacks are the driving force behind the rapid rise of insurance demand but it is integral that companies understand the wide array of risks they face to manage them effectively.
Why work with us
Backed by the security and worldwide reputation of Lloyd’s, we have one of the most established teams in the London market underwriting cyber, technology and media-related risks. Since 2009, we have provided coverage to a range of companies; from SMEs to multinational corporations, the retail sector to financial institutions.
We provide both primary and excess cover with £25m and £15m lines for cyber and technology/ professional indemnity cover respectively.
Our product lines
The two main areas of cover we provide are cyber/network risks and technology errors and omissions. Available through our Barbican eRisks modules, coverage is offered on a combined or standalone basis and includes:
- Technology and miscellaneous errors and omissions - including breach of contract, avoidance of counterclaim and defamation.
- Multi-media liability - including breach of website copyright, plagiarism and defamation.
- Security and privacy liability - including liability to employees and customers in the event of data theft.
- Crisis management costs - including costs of customer notification, support and credit monitoring expenses.
- Data recovery and loss of business income - including denial-of-service attacks and system malfunction.
- Regulatory defence costs - including costs to comply with any regulatory action following a data breach.
- Cyber extortion - including payment of ‘ransom monies’ to secure the return of data.
Brokers can find us at Lloyd's: Box 250
For more information about Cyber, Technology and Media insurance from Barbican, contact:
Ondine joined Barbican in March 2011 and is head of insurance, overseeing Syndicate 1955's insurance lines.
When she joined Barbican, she was originally responsible for US Casualty treaty. Over time, her responsibilities expanded to include International Casualty treaty, Healthcare and A&H insurance and more recently she moved solely to insurance lines.
Prior to joining the company, she was at Faraday Syndicate 435 where she wrote a lead book of US casualty reinsurance and hospital business.
Ondine brings over twenty years extensive experience of underwriting to Barbican after graduating with an MSc in insurance and risk management at CASS Business School.
Richard joined Barbican in April 2017 and is now head of cyber & technology
With 15 years London insurance market experience Richard was most recently a senior tech PI and cyber underwriter at Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, focusing on the group’s technology errors & omissions and cyber liability portfolio. Prior to this, he was a cyber & technology underwriter at Principia Underwriting.
During his insurance career, Richard has also worked at Willis, ultimately as divisional director within the firm’s financial lines and technology, media and telecommunications practice and RSA Group Plc as a professional liability underwriter .
Lauren joined Barbican in June 2018 as class underwriter for cyber insurance.
Prior to joining Barbican, Lauren was a London cyber underwriting manager at Chubb and before that was at RSA. Lauren has over 14 years’ underwriting experience, seven of which have been in cyber insurance.
Jamie joined Barbican in November 2016 and is an underwriter for cyber.
Prior to Barbican he spent 2 years in the cyber team at CFC Underwriting as an assistant underwriter, having initially joined in 2014.
Jamie is Cert CII qualified and also holds a degree in Business Information Technology from the University of Portsmouth.
Jack joined Barbican in April 2017 and is now assistant underwriter for cyber.
Prior to joining Barbican, Jack has banking experience at the British Arab Commercial Bank and the Royal Bank of Scotland.
Jack also holds a degree in Politics from the University of Portsmouth.
Lucinda joined Barbican in May 2016 as underwriting assistant for property insurance and has since moved to Cyber.
Lucinda holds a degree in International Development with Geography from the University of Leeds.
Barbican at the Box
BOX 250 T: +44 (0) 20 7327 8281/8287