Pioneering multifaceted insurance solutions designed to keep pace with a fast-changing cyber, technology and media landscape
- Protecting businesses from the consequences of cyber and data protection issues, technology errors and omissions
- Cover tailored to specific needs is available through our Barbican eRisks modules
- Providing insurance to businesses of all sizes
The threat of cyber risk is becoming an increasing reality rather than an afterthought for the modern-day-company. Recent high profile cyber-attacks are the driving force behind the rapid rise of insurance demand but it is integral that companies understand the wide array of risks they face to manage them effectively.
Why work with us
Backed by the security and worldwide reputation of Lloyd’s, we have one of the most established teams in the London market underwriting cyber, technology and media-related risks. Since 2009, we have provided coverage to a range of companies; from SMEs to multinational corporations, the retail sector to financial institutions.
We provide both primary and excess cover with £25m and £15m lines for cyber and technology/ professional indemnity cover respectively.
Our product lines
The two main areas of cover we provide are cyber/network risks and technology errors and omissions. Available through our Barbican eRisks modules, coverage is offered on a combined or standalone basis and includes:
- Technology and miscellaneous errors and omissions - including breach of contract, avoidance of counterclaim and defamation.
- Multi-media liability - including breach of website copyright, plagiarism and defamation.
- Security and privacy liability - including liability to employees and customers in the event of data theft.
- Crisis management costs - including costs of customer notification, support and credit monitoring expenses.
- Data recovery and loss of business income - including denial-of-service attacks and system malfunction.
- Regulatory defence costs - including costs to comply with any regulatory action following a data breach.
- Cyber extortion - including payment of ‘ransom monies’ to secure the return of data.
Brokers can find us at Lloyd's: Box 249A
For more information about Cyber, Technology and Media insurance from Barbican, contact:
Jayne joined Barbican in June 2013 and is a cyber, technology and media underwriter.
Jayne brings almost 30 years of insurance experience to the role. Most recently, she was an executive director at Willis in London, where she was the senior claims professional assisting the professional risks team. Her role saw her act as the primary point of contact for all cyber, technology and media related claims matters. Previous positions have included claims underwriter and placing broker, giving her a broad spectrum of industry experience.
Ed joined Barbican in September 2012 and is assistant underwriter for cyber, technology and media.
Prior to this role, Ed spent 4 years in Barbican's international casualty reinsurance team.
Ed is Dip CII qualified and is working towards full ACII accreditation. Ed also holds a degree in economics and management.
Barbican at the Box
BOX 249A T: +44 (0) 20 7327 8281/8287